Skip to main content

What documents I need to get a baby passport in UAE


With the law changing in UAE since 2020, getting pregnant outside of wedlock is no longer punishable. However, submitting the marriage certificate is necessary before issuing the official documents for a baby. Let’s dive into this article and learn how to tackle this crucial situation and what options you have.

General Documents required for Newborn’s passport: 

Obtaining an attested birth certificate enables you to apply for a passport for your child. A visa application must be submitted to the UAE embassy or consulate by expatriate residents. 

The following documents are normally required:

1. Passports of both parents, original and copy.

2. Newborn’s passport-sized photo.

3. Certificate of marriage attested by an official.

4. Birth certificate with an attestation.

5. Both parents must have valid Emirates IDs.

In order to ensure that all your documents are in order, it is advised to contact your country’s embassy.

Online wedding without traveling

Women expecting a baby have amply of options of getting married within the UAE or even choosing to get married online. In recent times, many GCC residents have opted to marry in Abu Dhabi after the announcement on the new civil wedding court that allows couples to marry irrespective of their nationality.

However; with the growing popularity of the court one might find the dates of their choice. if you are looking to marry as soon as possible and online wedding can take place within the comfort of your house.

Words of Advice on looking for the best route to get the baby’s passport:

Whenever married or single women have the news of pregnancy, they feel enthralled from inside. Although, marriage is necessary for the upbringing of your baby under the shelter of both parents’ love. In some situations, the partners are quite far from each other, opting for an online wedding is the best and most budget-friendly choice in this situation. After receiving the marriage certificate, you can register the baby’s birth certificate and passport in UAE.

Schedule an appointment with our highly trained team and they will give you the best alternatives for your wedding issues!

Interesting readings for you

July 21, 2022
The Dubai court marriage is available to Muslims who are resident in the country. Expats of other religious denominations can only get married in t…
February 3, 2021
If you’re not already aware, getting married online is becoming a new trend. Well, it also comes with no surprises as the traditional wedding is on…
May 17, 2020
A lot of foreigners or expats in Dubai are used to having to prepare a plethora of documents just to be able to live legally in the city. This is s…
Choose the Best Wedding Package to Get Married in Seychelles!
If getting married in Seychelles is your dream then consider yourself lucky. That’s because you have landed in the perfect place as this article contains something that you might be looking for. It will allow you to choose the best wedding package for your wedding in Seychelles. So, without any further ado, let’s jump into […]
Big Fat wedding in Dubai Vs a low key online wedding
People from various places across the globe usually ask “Can tourists Get Married in Dubai ” and ‘Are online marriages possible’. And the answer to both is ‘Yes’ however they as the title they are very different from one another. In this blog, we will do a comparison between how to have a big fat […]
Can you get married in Dubai despite having different religions?
With the rapid growth of foreigners coming to the UAE, famously being an Islamic country, the rise of interfaith relationships has gone up. Dubai, which follows Islamic Law, is quite keen about expats following the laws of the city, so we’re here to provide information if you and your partner want to get married with different faiths.
Was the content useful?