How to get married in Saudi Arabia for Filipino Vs Online Wedding
If you are a Filipino national living in Saudi Arabia who wants to marry, you should read this article all the way through. It will help you comprehend what you need to do and whether or not you have any other options. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Getting Married in Saudi Arabia for Filipino
Saudi Arabia is one of those countries where marriage is seen as extremely significant. It has great value because it guarantees to preserve both husband and wife’s rights. Getting married and starting a family is seen as one of the greatest privileges there.
Getting married in Saudi Arabia is not easy, particularly for expats. Most GCC residents hence opt to get married in the UAE, prefer alternative destinations or choosing an online wedding.
Requirements to get Married at the Filipino Embassy
Mentioned below are the documents required to file to get married in Saudi as a Filipino:
- Original NSO birth certificate verified by Manila’s Department of Foreign Affairs
- Original NSO Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) verified by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Manila (issued at least 6 months prior to the date of submission to the Embassy).
- Contracting parties between the ages of 18 and 21: DFA notarizes and authenticates parental consent.
- Parental counsel, notarized and validated by DFA, for contracting parties aged 21 to 25 years old.
- NSO issued Marriage Contract and NSO issued Death Certificate verified by DFA for Widow/Widower
- Annulled Marriages: For contractual parties: The Department of Foreign Affairs authenticated the NSO-issued Amended Marriage Contract; the Department of Foreign Affairs authenticated the Certificate of Finality of Decision and Court Order.
- 2 copies of each party’s passport
- FORMS FOR MARRIAGE APPLICATIONS: Available in the Consular Section and on the Embassy’s website.
In Conclusion to getting married in Saudi Arabia as a Filipino Vs Online
While getting married in Saudi Arabia may not appear to be difficult for a Filipino, it is. When a Filipino chooses to marry a foreigner of a different nationality or religion, the true problem arises. This complicates the procedure, makes it time-consuming, and detracts from the excitement of marrying your loved one.
Couples who find themselves in similar situations are frequently advised to have a destination wedding. A country which is willing to marry people from various countries and religions, or those who opt for an online wedding. Although an online wedding may be as expensive as a court wedding, it will save you the bother of travelling and additional costs on your special day.
Thinking of a wedding in Saudi Arabia or an online wedding; give us a call. We can assist you to take the right decision for you and your partner.